Pages

1.18.2015

growth for twenty fifteen


each moment in life is unique. though you may have experienced a thousand sunsets, you have not experienced this particular sunset. the same is true of a lifetime or in breaths, or in the hundredth time you taste your favorite desert. this particular breath and this particular taste have never happened before and will never happen again.”

in 2015 there are many changes i want/need to make. i’m changing as a person into the person i want to be and the person that i am. my blog should reflect those changes as well – there will be more photos, more books, more recipes, and more life. in twenty fifteen i want to focus on becoming me, finding the daily joy, and growing stronger in my relationship with my Father in Heaven. i’ve seen a lot of people over the past few years pick a word of the year – and i thought i would jump on the wagon this year and select my word.
 grow
there is so much growth i want to make this year. i want to grow as a person, in my talents, and my relationships. i want to grow in my habits, my hobbies, and my life. there are up’s and down’s to growing – some pain & some joy. i saw this quote tonight that really ‘hit the nail on the head’ with what my word for the year would be.

some periods of our growth are so confusing that we don’t even recognize that growth is happening. we may feel hostile or angry or weepy and hysterical. we may even feel depressed. it would never occur to us, unless we stumbled on a book or a person who explained to us, that we were in fact in the process of change, of actually becoming larger, spiritually, than we were before. whenever we grow, we tend to feel it, as a young seed must feel the weight and inertia of the earth as it seeks to break out of its shell on its way to becoming a plant. often the feeling is anything but pleasant. but what is most unpleasant is the not knowing what is happening. those long periods when something inside ourselves seems to be waiting, holding its breath, unsure about what the next step should be, eventually become the periods we wait for, for it is in those periods that we realize that we are being prepared for the next phase of our life.”

i know this year won’t be easy but i also know it will have it’s good moments and i’ll be able to see them and enjoy them more fully than i have in the past. growing scares me but i am looking forward to it at the same time.

i promise to enjoy each moment & each day in 2015. focus on me. focus on growth. focus on the joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment