Pages

5.14.2011

Paint Choices…

So far….

I’m now a consultant for Shelf Reliance, and I LOVE IT!

I have fallen in love with the color yellow.

I recovered my couch in white, which I don’t think is going to work… or I have to vacuum it everyday or teach the cat how to stay off of it…

I’m still deciding on a paint color for the whole downstairs area of the house. I think the color palette I’m going with is: Grey, Yellow, and White.

Here are the samples I have on the wall… (lighting in my house is AWFUL, no windows… so I did my best… but you get the general idea)

201105140159Paint Samples

 

The above are the Benjamin Moore samples I got. On my wall, since it’s already a strange off white color, I think I’m going to go with the Revere Pewter, it has the tan/gray darker than what is presently on the wall but not too dark look. Smoke Embers is too blue and too dark, and Abalone while I love the swatch, it’s not as dark as I would like.

 

201105140160

Paint Samples 2

These are the first two colors I fell in love with, the one on the right is my favorite until I put it on the wall, and it’s just way too dark for this room as I hardly have any light, and the space is smaller. The one on the left I spent hours trying to find and LOVED it, and was all set to do it, but left it on the wall for quite awhile until I realized that it’s too dark for in here as well.

 

So I think that the Revere Pewter will be an amazing choice as it’s falls right in between of the color currently on the wall and the darker Perfect Taupe - which I’m still in love with.

 

I bought trim paint to paint the doors as they are a really odd and dirty feeling off white. So I’m going to paint them in Behr Falling Snow.

 

image

 

I have an extremely busy travel schedule for the next two weeks, but after that I’m going to paint up a storm! My plan for my living room is to have all the furniture white, as well as all the wall hanging and frames. I would love yellow lamps, a grey or yellow rug (still deciding) and then little pops of a light blue and whatever else.

So I need to start investing in white spray paint and paint clothes!