Pages

1.20.2010

In Progress

01202010 


It was the night that I was up till 2 am trying to figure out where to hang things and what to do - it was around 11:30pm that I decided I shouldn’t be hammering into the wall - especially a shared wall, where I’m sure our neighbors were sleeping. On MLK day - I woke up (after taking Mr. B to the airport at 3am) I did almost all the laundry, did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, swept, mopped, and while I was in the middle of sweeping the UPS man knocked on my door I opened it and lo and behold there was a replacement door on my front porch begging me to put it together.

So I did.



Of course that caused a chain of events - mainly me moving a 10 gal fish tank while on a stand and full of water across the floor - only spilled a little bit but while I was doing this I kept thinking I was crazy. If I spilled this I would have gravel, water, plants, etc. all over the floor, thankfully it made it safely to it’s new corner. So I moved all the furniture around and I couldn’t be happier, I will have to take a picture and post it, I don’t think I have any before images, which I wish I did but don’t doesn’t matter though because - I like it…. a lot.

Now I’m just working on hanging all the stuff I have to hang on the walls - halfway done, halfway to go. You can’t see it very well but I brought my hope chest now blanket storage downstairs (it’s what the pictures beneath the ‘D’ are standing on). I really like it. It’s an unfinished plain pine - and I have plans for it. I bought some paint Behr 1813 Cottage White and some primer and I’m going to paint it and put new hardware on it. If I get the nerve I’m going to try a stain wash on it after sanding/roughing up some of the corners, we’ll see. So look forward to those before/after.

I’ve decided against painting the walls as it’s not my home and I can make it beautiful with what it’s got and what I own.

Remember the broken door? I’ve decided what I’m going to do is remove the glass / paint it the same chocolate brown my letters are painted add some cute little hooks probably 5 of them, and add some cream/red rice paper behind and hang it on the wall behind our front door - I think it’ll be adorable.

I never thought in a million years I would turn this… homey…. decoraty…. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment