Pages

4.03.2013

.live a new life.

 

 

 

 

 


It’s been awhile since I’ve written anything worth reading. It’s been awhile since I’ve done anything worth writing, and both of those problems need to change.

I’m back at work again and loving it. I love my job, and am very thankful to be back at it once again. Especially since now that the snow has melted my 10,000 sqft back yard of dirt, rocks, and tumbleweeds really needs to have something done with it. Most of the time I keep the blinds closed I so I don’t have to look at it… only it’s still there when I open them again to enjoy my great view. So hopefully by summer the yard will be done, and then it’ll be the fence that needs to go in – and then I can start decorating the inside! Paint, furniture, rugs, curtains, accessories! So excited! (Don’t read this part husband, it’s not as much as it sounds like).

I need to start getting back into photography. I need to start reading more. I need to stop wasting so much time with television and facebook, and the distractions of the world. I need to re-prioritize and life my life focusing on those things. I know those of you that know me will say that I can’t do this – but, I’m here to tell you that I can – I will. I spent sometime today thinking about this plan and here it is….

Untitled-1

It’s that simple. I’m so tired of writing about what I’m going to do, and planning out how to do it. Just do it. The one thing I need to put at the absolute top of my new priority list is the Gospel. My relationship with my Heavenly Father isn’t what it used to be and I keep expecting it to just come back – but it won’t, until I put forth the effort and try – and really want it, and by showing I really want it, need it in my life. I live within 20-30 minutes of 4 temples. How many times have I been in the past year? zero. That’s uncalled for. I have a temple in my work district. In fact we are stewards over the meetinghouse on the temple grounds,  5 minutes from my office. I could go on my lunch! Do I? No. Should I ? Yes. Will I? Yes.

I read on average 3 400 page books a month. How many pages of scripture are there? Yah. Why should it take me a year to read the almost 600 page Book of Mormon? It shouldn’t, but it does. Once again un-called for. I know our purpose in life. I know what the plan is, but yet I get so distracted I don’t remember that, or focus on it, and I should.

I’ve already scheduled two things that I am really excited about. The first is my sister and I have been apparently thinking about the same things for awhile, how to re-focus our lives. So we are going to be doing a special project together that I will be excited to blog about after it’s done. I don’t want to write anything about it yet, as I want the experience to be pure and clean from expectations and pre-conceived notions.

The second, will be starting tomorrow…

technothurs

Thursdays will be a no computer, no phone, no internet day. I’m not completely cutting myself off but I’m limiting it to need not want. I use the computer at work, but I don’t have to have my websites open (my fitness pal, facebook, google reader, gmail, etc). I will only use what my job requires and that’s all. My phone, will be used as a phone. When I get home from work, I will use the TV to do my workout (1hr) and that’s it. It will then be turned off and I will focus my time on family history, reading, learning, writing letters, etc. I can use the computer for family history but the other stuff? It can wait til Friday. It will still all be there.

I’ll post about my Thursdays – I know sounds kinda oxymoronic… but I won’t be doing it on Thursday. Anyone else want to join in? I’m excited, I really think it will help me cleanse my time and how I waste spend my free hours of the day. Now it’s time to go through my Hulu queue and weed out what I really don’t want to watch, care to watch, or should watch.

It’s time to simplify.

It’s time to re-prioritize.

It’s time to….

Untitled-1

No comments:

Post a Comment