Pages

8.22.2011

Accomplish Something Each Day

I was watching a video from Drew Canole at fitlifetv on YouTube. He started a video with one question, “Give me one thing that you will have done by the end of the day”. After his workout one morning in the gym he went around and asked people that same question, the result? Most people had no idea what they wanted to get done during the day. He then proceeded to say, “That is deadly”. Talk about something really striking me. How many times do I go throughout my day not knowing something that I want to accomplish? What does not knowing what you want lead up to? A whole lot of never getting anything done, not knowing what you want, and wasted days. It truly is deadly not knowing what you want. I don’t want to be one of those people who doesn’t know what she wants, I want to know what I want, and I want to know how I’m going to accomplish it. If you don’t know where you’re going, you won’t go anywhere.Untitled-1I just purchased an Erin Condren planner (I am so excited to get it that I’m going crazy!) and I am hoping that every night I can plan my next day, when I first thought about how I would utilize the planner I thought about a simple to-do list, you know chores - appointments - meetings - doctors - travel - birthdays, you know the usual. But now I will implement on each day something I want to accomplish that day. I know a to-do list might count, but I want it to be more meaningful, goal oriented, and something towards self-betterment. I want to start making the better and best choices over the normal mediocre, everyday - not knowing where I’m going choices. 

Life isn’t going to last forever. The days aren’t always going to keep coming. I want to be productive. I want to grow. I want to become the best me that I can. It’s time to stop going through the motions, and start living and loving my life - making it the life I want it to be. I might be a little late, but it is truly better than never, right?
So starting tomorrow wake up knowing what you want to accomplish tomorrow, make the day important and meaningful, no matter how mundane, repetitive, and mediocre it may seem. This is your now, so live it up and enjoy it to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment